Wednesday, May 27, 2015

2014 Goals revisited in May 2015

So here is a reminder of my 2014 goals with a 2015 update...yes I am aware it's almost June. What's your point?

1) Be more creative in the kitchen, i.e. cook more allergy free meals for my babies! Now that J has multiple food allergies too, breakfast, lunch & dinner are getting really boring, for me at least. I want my kids to experience cookies & cakes & pancakes! My boys are pretty picky eaters but hopefully, as they try new things, it will get easier!
2015 update - Nothing here really. I bought a hand mixer which was supposed to aid in the baking front but alas there is still no baking. Maybe this will be the year I will venture out & try it!

2) Get more organized. Seriously, with 4 kids in a 3 bedroom apartment, we need to get rid of A LOT! Toys, clothes, and just STUFF clutter up a small home so quickly. This is especially true for my paper situation. It is getting out of hand & I NEED a good place to store lots of this stuff. Granted, I need to SHRED lots of it first, but one bag at a time, literally.

2015 update - Are we completely organized? NOPE but we have gotten rid of A LOT of stuff like clothing, toys, and randomness! Paper is still my arch nemesis and old mail is definitely winning the battle. Oh well, I have learned to give myself some grace and you should too! 

3a) Stop looking like a frumpy "mom". Please don't be offended but most moms know exactly what I mean. Putting on lip gloss & perfume can go a long way but who has time for that when you are running out the door with 3 busy kids on one hip & a "hurry up we are late" hubby on the other! I WANT to buy lipstick. I WANT to learn how to apply makeup and just spend more than 1 minute on my hair. Do I have time for that everyday, nope, but when I want to go out with my girlfriends or my husband or even just look nice for a family gathering, I need to KNOW HOW.

2015 update - I learned how to put on some basic makeup (thank you YOUTUBE) and I feel so much better about myself. I don't get to wear it daily but I am OK with that. I also buy lots of drug store lipsticks which I love! $1.99 for Wet n'Wild and they have very cute colors. This girl doesn't need MAC to be happy

3b) Invest in Myself! I had to separate this into 2 only because I need new clothes. I have been pregnant 3 times in the last 5 years. That means 27 months of maternity wear PLUS the countless months of wearing larger clothing to accommodate your changing body. Now that I am finally thinner, I need to invest in myself.

2015 update - So I was in my best friend's destination wedding in July 2014 and lost a ton of weight. I do not own a scale so I can't tell you how much but I went down to a 4!!! HELLO, do you hear me? 3 kids later and I almost had a flat stomach again! So I bought clothes for Jamaica & LOVED every second of it. Unfortunately, I gained a bunch back. Am I a 4? Nope but I still feel pretty good at my current weight except that now ALL my summer clothes are a 4 and I must get back to that size in order to button my shorts. I am currently muffin top city! All of that rambling to say - I LOVE BOXING! I did it last year combined with eating smaller portions so I plan to do the same now. I started going to the 5:30 am class and while I need a 2nd cup of coffee around 2:30 pm, I really am a much happier person when I work out!

4) Spend real time with God. If you know me well, or at all really, you know that I am a firm believer. Without someone praying for me all these years, without God's covering over my life, I would not have the life I have. I thank God for the bad & the good. I want to WAKE UP EARLIER or carve out a special time each day to read the Bible or do my own Bible study with my kids. These are such important things in my life and I need to act like. 

2015 update - Did I wake up any earlier? Not exactly. I was/still am a pretty faithful listener to our 6:30 am prayer call so does that count? Do I have Bible Study with the kids? No :-(  I definitely struggle with time management and organizing my thoughts so obviously I am using this blog to keep me accountable. This year I will finish creating my prayer journal and start a Bible Study for myself and for the kids. The good news? I got my own physical Bible, thanks to my mother in law gifting me one that was given to my hubby when he was young. I love it more than she can ever imagine! I love technology but there is something about having it in my actual hands that is different and really brings home the scripture. This reminds me, I need to order a Bible for the kids. Especially Aidan who can now READ! That's a whole different post altogether!


Two in one day, GREAT! Obviously I had a lot to say AND was not so busy at work. 

Hoping my next post will at least be this year! lol 

1 comment: