Monday, July 6, 2015

Miss a Day, Miss a lot!

That title line comes from Wendy Williams (LOVE HER)! 

So obviously I have missed MANY days so let's have a catch up session shall we?

Nia - She is 11 going into the 6th grade? That cannot be right! I remember this adorable little 3 year old girl, what happened? Time really does fly! She really is becoming a young lady in front of our eyes and I don't think, no I KNOW, we aren't ready!

Aidan - He is going to 2nd grade!!! How amazing is that? He had the BEST teacher in 1st grade and I pray that he gets a teacher that is just as great or better in the 2nd grade. He is reading so well! I cannot believe my ears! This teacher really helped meet him at his level and understood how to motivate him. This summer we have homework M - F, 2 writings a week & reading each night...YIKES but I get it and he needs it so he won't go backwards in his education.

Elijah - My little buddy is 4 and going to PreK this year. Where does the time go? I feel like I JUST birthed this child. He is still my whiney, smart mouthed (wonder where he gets that from) loving child who likes to cuddle on his own terms and I cannot believe he is learning his letters, numbers, shapes & colors! He loves nature, which means he likes to dig in dirt & trees to look at what's inside.

Joshua - He is 2.5 and living his life like it's golden. His favorite phrases are "I'm Sowwy", "It was acciden" and " I'mma good boy!" As you can imagine, he is my busy body and keeps us all on our toes. He also gives the BEST hugs and says "I Wub You" a million times a day to everyone. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Wow~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

Dear God, 
Thank you for trusting me with these 4 lives. Help me to guide them in the way they should go each day. Remove anything in me that will hinder their God given purpose and remove anything around them that will take them from living in Your path all the days of their lives. Amen

Reading this again just made me think....

I never thought I was going to be a mom, let alone have 4 children. I used to get sad & resentful because I wanted to travel the world & change the world like some of my friends post on FB. Instead, here I am raising kids like everyone else. 

I can always just take them with us to travel the world, no it won't be easy travelling with 4 kids BUT they will never forget all the amazing experiences. Plus I realized I AM changing the world, by raising these children, I can change the world 4 times over and the legacy we leave with them will have an everlasting effect on this world. 

I can't wait!





1 comment: