Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Goals 2014


So I am a little late on my goals for 2014, better late than never, I always say! I always "say" I am going to WRITE THEM DOWN, but I never do! Funny enough, I actually got the reminder from my step daughter. Leave it to a 10 year old to remind you about the basics!

So...without further ado...
1) Be more creative in the kitchen, i.e. cook more allergy free meals for my babies! Now that J has multiple food allergies too, breakfast, lunch & dinner are getting really boring, for me at least. I want my kids to experience cookies & cakes & pancakes! My boys are pretty picky eaters but hopefully, as they try new things, it will get easier!

2) Get more organized. Seriously, with 4 kids in a 3 bedroom apartment, we need to get rid of A LOT! Toys, clothes, and just STUFF clutter up a small home so quickly. This is especially true for my paper situation. It is getting out of hand & I NEED a good place to store lots of this stuff. Granted, I need to SHRED lots of it first, but one bag at a time, literally.

3a) Stop looking like a frumpy "mom". Please don't be offended but most moms know exactly what I mean. Putting on lip gloss & perfume can go a long way but who has time for that when you are running out the door with 3 busy kids on one hip & a "hurry up we are late" hubby on the other! I WANT to buy lipstick. I WANT to learn how to apply makeup and just spend more than 1 minute on my hair. Do I have time for that everyday, nope, but when I want to go out with my girlfriends or my husband or even just look nice for a family gathering, I need to KNOW HOW.

3b) Invest in Myself! I had to separate this into 2 only because I need new clothes. I have been pregnant 3 times in the last 5 years. That means 27 months of maternity PLUS the countless months of wearing larger clothing to accommodate your changing body. Now that I am finally thinner, I need to invest in myself.

4) Spend real time with God. If you know me well, or at all really, you know that I am a firm believer. Without someone praying for me all these years, without God's covering over my life, I would not have the life I have. I thank God for the bad & the good. I want to WAKE UP EARLIER or carve out a special time each day to read the Bible or do my own Bible study with my kids. These are such important things in my life and I need to act like.

So those are my top 4 goals for 2014.


One day at a time, I have to remember that.

No comments:

Post a Comment