Monday, November 16, 2015

My baby is more than a blessing...

Oh Joshua... to know him is to love him. His smile, his hugs and his warmth are just a few of his redeeming qualities. He has also given me gray hair, anxiety attacks and lots of tears. Did I tell you he is not even 3 yet! 

I know, so much personality in one little person right?

Anyway, he never ceases to amaze me and show me that God is in control of that little boy's life. 

Rewind to a few weeks ago. He had been having a rough week at daycare and I was just sitting in my car in the daycare parking lot, crying my eyes out, talking to my amazing mother in law. I finish my chat and ask if he is ready to go inside he says "Don't cry mommy, God is here." Thinking I misheard my child, I turn around and I ask him again, WHAT?!?! He says "God is here Mommy". Um my jaw dropped and I hugged that child so tight. I thanked him and HIM. Earlier that morning I asked God, "God I know you are with us but I NEED a sign, forgive me for doubting you Lord but I feel like I am losing this battle." and I went about my day. I know people say this too much but LOOK AT GOD! No seriously! Look at that! Josh is still acting up in daycare but I exhale and know that even in these tumultuous times, God is here.

Then just today. Ant left early since he had to take Nia to school. I was up with the boys getting ready for work & school. With 3 other people, there is always ONE who is having a bad morning. Today was Elijah's turn. I was rushing them to eat, rushing them to get dressed and just when I was about to go CRAZY MOMMY yelling because Elijah does not remember how to put on his socks...Joshua runs over and starts singing J-E-S-U-S, J-E-S-U-S, Jesus, Jesus (a song by the Winans)! I had to stop in my crazy lady tracks and smile and STOP. I took a deep breath and tried my best to help Elijah get dressed. Again, all by himself, he reminds me that God is here. 

Thank you Father God, for the blessing that is my child. 

Joshua: Yahweh is salvation; Jehovah is his help

No comments:

Post a Comment